Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita e dell'Ambiente - Guida degli insegnamenti (Syllabus)
The course consists of theoretical lectures (5 credits, 40 hours) and laboratory practical work carried out individually or at small groups (1 credit, 8 hours)
The course aims to develop in students a thorough knowledge of risk factors, in relation to the current regulations, in order to permit good management of health and safety in laboratories.
Ability to apply the knowledge:
At the end of the course, the students should acquire the professional ability to work safely according to the B.P.L.
Contents (lectures, 5 CFU, 40 hours. Laboratory practical work 1 CFU, 8 hours)
• THE CURRENT NORMATIVE AND LEGAL ASPECTS OF THE SAFETY AND HEALTH PROTECTION IN THE WORKPLACE
• THE LABORATORY : WORKPLACE AND RELATED RISKS
• CHEMICAL RISK, REACH AND CLP
• RISK FROM CANCEROGENIC AND MUTAGENIC AGENTS
• RISK FROM BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
• RISK FROM PHYSICAL AGENTS
• CLASSIFICATION OF LABORATORIES
• OCCUPATIONAL STRESS
• MICROCLIMATE IN THE WORKPLACE
• ENVIRONMENTAL AND BIOLOGICAL MONITORING IN WORKPLACES WITH SPECIAL REGARD TO LABORATORIES
• INJURIES AND OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES IN DIAGNOSTIC AND RESEARCH LABORATORIES
• WORKPLACE SAFETY AND PREVENTION
• PREVENTION MEASURES IN LABORATORIES, INDIVIDUAL AND COLLECTIVE PROTECTION DEVICES
• HEALTH SURVEILLANCE
• LABORATORY WASTE MANAGEMENT
• BASIC FIRST AID INFORMATION FOR THE WORKER
Methods for assessing learning outcomes:
The assessment method is a written classwork and subsequent revision/discussion of the script. 27 questions and 1 open question are provided for the examination. To each question, a score included between zero and one is assigned, to open question a score included between zero and four is assigned .The exam is passed when the final score is higher or equal to 18.
Criteria for assessing learning outcomes:
In the written classwork, the student will have to demonstrate to have acquired, autonomy and good management of health and safety in laboratories.
Criteria for measuring learning outcomes:
The final mark is attributed in thirtieths. Successful completion of the examination will lead to grades ranging from 18 to 30, and 30 with laude.
Criteria for conferring final mark:
The final mark is attributed by summing to the evaluation of the written classwork, laud is attributed when the score obtained by the previous sum exceeds the value of 30
L. Alessio, P. Apostoli; Manuale di MEDICINA DEL LAVORO E IGIENE INDUSTRIALE PER TECNICI DELLA PREVENZIONE, 2009 Piccin
G. Campurra; Manuale MEDICINA DEL LAVORO, 2013 Ipsoa Indicitalia